Saturday, November 5, 2011

Peanut Butter Cups - How to Make the Best at Home

Over the years I have tried several different recipes for making peanut butter cups at home. When I was experimenting with this particular treat I made sure that all the recipes varied in ingredients and methods so I could come to an honest conclusion. According to my taste testers and from what I have consumed myself, I am about to share with you the best recipe and method to create this wonderful treat at home. You will want to continue reading after the recipe. I have tried this recipe many, many times and have a few tips to turn out your families new favorite.

Peanut Butter Cups

Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
1/4 cup of margarine softened
2 cups of icing/powder sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 parowax beads

Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Shape by hand into balls or logs.

In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and wax together. Dip the balls, drain and put

onto wax paper to harden the shell.

The following technique tips are what improve the end result.

This is a time consuming treat. I speed things up by making the dipping portion much easier by changing the shape of the 'cups'. I prefer to shape them into balls and flatten them in the palm of my hand to about 1/2 cm. high. They resemble mint patties. Once they are shaped, I place them on wax paper on a cookie sheet. I then put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This makes them much easier to dip. The 'mint patty' shape makes them much easier to dip. Place the patty on a fork and just swoop it through the dip. Put them back onto the cookie sheet with wax paper and return to the freezer. Semisweet chocolate chips are not a must. If you prefer a different kind, like milk chocolate, they all work well. The very best that I have tried requires planning. Just after Easter, when the one pound bunnies go on sale for half price, I load up my freezer with about 10 bunnies. This is my favorite chocolate! It only takes about half a bunny to cover all the treats. The brand of peanut butter can affect the results. I got crumbly poor results with lower end brands. The very best I have made were made using Kraft Peanut Butter. Others that have tried this recipe have said that Skippy Peanut Butter gives good results as well.

I hope this recipe and method ends your search for the best peanut butter cups you can make at home. This recipe is a hit at every function I bring a batch too. Special requests and orders are common! You will not regret trying this recipe!

Peanut Butter Cups - How to Make the Best at Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment